I know it’s a few days late, but I wanted to talk about my goals for the new year. I don’t normally make resolutions, but I got to thinking about it this year, and thought I could use a little motivation. I like to think goals are better than resolutions, because they are hard-set items that are quantifiable. Here’s my goals for 2011:
- Sell old house. We moved in May, and rented out our old house, because the market was bad. We are paying more than we’re making in rent, so I want to unload this burden.
- Reduce non-house debt by 47.57%. I know, that sounds like a strange number, but I figured out what I think we could actually do for 2011, and that seems reasonable (as long as we sell our old house, and use the equity we have built up).
- Be able to jog 5 miles without walking. I have become out of shape over the past couple years, and I really want 2011 to fix that. This leads into my next few goals too.
- Do 100 push-ups in 3 minutes. Seems reasonable after working out all year.
- Do 200 sit-ups in 3 minutes. I used to be able to do 80 in a minute when I was in high school, so I figure I should be able to do 200 in 3 times the time.